9.27.2015

I remember.

I still remember the contrast of the white snow on the orange pumpkins

I still remember the nervous fidgeting

I still remeber how I thought you were joking when you said we need to talk... I would have never guessed how much it would affect me

But when did I ever take you seriously 

I remember falling to my knees and not feeling the floor

I remember the car ride home and how it seemed like the clouds knew what happened

It felt as if they were holding back their tears because they didn't want to cry in front of me
 
I remember how I walked outside and didn't care I wasn't warring shoes

I remember sitting on the steps trying to think of how explain this the right way to my mom

I remember The only thing I could think of was that it takes one to know one 

And he's got it bad

But I remember the thing that scared me the most was that I had already forgotten the sound of his voice.

2 comments:

  1. I love the visual imagery in the line about feeling as if the clouds knew what had happened. I can see it. I can feel it. Also the last line, I think, is quite applicable for a lot of people. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete