10.25.2015

Marijuana and Friendship

Marijuana the gateway drug 

You came to me when you needed me the most 
I picked you up and held you through this
I was a habit But I didn't know 

You got bored and left me for someone more exciting 

Someone who made you see things differently 

Someone told me it was acid or shrooms 
I personally can see you being happy with them 
But then again I thought you were happy with me 

Coming back to me when you needed something 

I am the gateway friend 

When we first started out it was a blast

We would laugh uncontrollably 

Eat junk constantly and act unresponsively

We didn't care who was watching or what they were saying because we had eachother and I was happy with that.

But you stopped caring as much 
We stopped talking 
And I realized I was being used 
And I guess high wore off 

Now I don't see you around much 
When I do you need something 
Now when I call you I only talk to your voicemail 

I mean it's not the first time this has happened 

One time I was left for cigarette or something like that because they were popular and wether you want to believe it or not they are slowly killing you 

Another time we got caught and now we are not allowed to see each other, every day I wish it could have ended better
 
It just doesn't seem fair 
It feels like it was all doomed from the start 

Your parents warned you about me
But why didn't anyone tell me about you 

5 comments:

  1. wow.

    that last line and that whole metaphor in general.

    i can't get over any of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely incredible!!! The whole thing is genius.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always thought about weed as an old, reliable friend that's always there, but they'll get you into trouble. But then I had to break off that friendship cuz it screwed me over in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm mad i didn't see your blog earlier. this was so amazing, you're so

    creative!

    p.s. i'm jealous of how your blog looks, like seriously jealous.

    ReplyDelete